All Samsung LCD TVs that offer Picture in Picture (PIP) capability are single tuner TVs. Single tuner LCD TVs with PIP capability let you watch a television channel and another video source such as a VCR or DVD player or two video sources such as a VCR or DVD player when you set the TV to the PIP mode.
PIP Points To Remember
A full explanation of how to use Picture in Picture (PIP) on single tuner Samsung LCD televisions is too long for the confined space of an FAQ answer. However, there are a number of points you should be aware of if you want PIP on a single tuner LCD TV to work for you:
-A single tuner LCD TV that has PIP capability has only one television tuner and can only tune in one TV channel at a time. Consequently, you cannot watch two television channels at the same time when you set the TV to PIP mode.
-Depending on your TV, you can watch one channel and another video source using PIP, one in the main screen and the other in the PIP window. To watch one channel and another video source, you must attach an antenna or a standard cable TV input to the Antenna jack or the Cable In jack respectively on your TV and one or more video sources (a VCR, DVD player, PC, etc.) to the AV, S-Video, Component, D-Sub, DVI, or HDMI input jacks. Note that there are frequently limitations to the sources you can watch using PIP. See The Sample PIP Chart below.
-Depending on your TV, you can watch two video sources, for example, a VCR and a DVD player, at the same time using PIP. To watch two video sources, you must attach two or more video sources (a VCR, DVD player, PC, etc.) to the AV, S-Video, Component, D-Sub, DVI, or HDMI input jacks. Note that there are frequently limitations to the sources you can watch using PIP. See The Sample PIP Chart below.
-The choices of which combination of video sources you can use at the same time for the Main screen and the PIP window are limited. The choices you have depend upon the TV model you have. For example, on the LN-T2342H, LN-T2642H, LN-T3242H, LN-T4042H, and LN-T4642H, PIP works only with a computer display as your main picture and an analog TV broadcast as your PIP subpicture.
The Sample PIP Chart
The sample chart below - which you will find in the manuals for many LCD TVs - shows the video sources that are compatible with PIP for a particular LCD TV. O's indicate compatibility. X's indicate incompatibility. For example, if you have your TV set to a Digital channel, you can use PIP if the PIP source is AV, S-Video, or Component. The user's manuals for nearly all Samsung LCD TVs have similar charts. Look for them in the section titled Viewing the Picture In Picture.
Important: The chart below is a sample. The chart for your TV may be different. See your user's manual.
If the PIP function is grayed out on your TV and you can't access it, or you get an error message saying "Not available in current mode," it means that PIP does not work with your currently selected video source (mode). To access and use PIP, you must change the video source to a source that works with PIP.
If Your Manual Does Not Have A Chart
If the manual for your TV does not have a chart similar to the one above, it will have a simple sentence that describes when and on what sources PIP can be used, such as the sentence below:
Analog TV signals can be viewed on the PIP screen while viewing the picture from an external source (DVD, Set-top box, PC etc.) connected to the Component 1, 2, PC and HDMI 1, 2, 3 jacks on the main screen.
This means you can watch an analog TV channel in the PIP window while watching input from an external source connected to the Component 1 or 2 jacks, the PC jack, or the HDMI 1, 2 or 3 jacks.
Look for a sentence like this and perhaps a smaller chart in the section titled Viewing the Picture In Picture.
Most Samsung single tuner LCD PIP televisions provide the following PIP functions:
Viewing Picture in Picture
Selecting An External Source
Swapping the Sub Picture and the Main Picture
Changing the Size of the Sub Picture
Changing the Location of the Sub Picture
Changing the Channel of the Sub Picture
Selecting the Sound Source (Main Picture or Sub Picture)
Note that some models offer fewer PIP functions.
For instructions on these PIP functions, see your user's manual under the section titled Viewing Picture in Picture. I
Note: Instructions for selecting the PIP sound source are often under Special Sound Options in your user's manual.
Some TVs Do Not Have PIP
Some Samsung LCD TVs do not have a PIP function. If your Samsung LCD TV does not have PIP, it will not have a section titled Viewing the Picture In Picture or a chart such as the one displayed above in its user's manual.
- ► 2014 (432)
- ► 2013 (35)
- ► 2012 (201)
- ► 2011 (1746)
- ► 2010 (1174)
08/16 - 08/23
- India's Got Talent Grand Finale 22 August
- Digital vs. Analog Signals in TV
- Prevent LCD TV's from damage
- Use Picture In Picture (PIP) On My LCD TV
- Screen Burn In LCD TV
- Advantages of LCD TV over CRT TV
- Connect TV To Laptop
- LED Smart Lighting
- Necessary steps if lost the cell phone.
- Resolve hanging problem in Samsung Cell Phones
- Best height to install an AC
- Air conditioner Size you need
- Transfer data from mobile to PC
- Prevent Swine Flu with Ayurvedic and Unani ways
- Other ATM withdrawal Limit 10000 - 5 Transactions ...
- Shah Rukh Khan US Detention: Reasons
- Samsung LED TV Superior to LCD HDTV
- Eunuch Laxmi Narayan Tripathi - Sach ka Saamna Que...
- Tere Mere Beach Mein on Star Plus
- Ogo Bodhu Sundori on Star Jalsha TV
- Navvula Savaal - Comedy Show on GeminiTV
- Close up Super Dancer 3 on GeminiTV
- Is Polygraph Test Evidence Admissible in Court?
- How Accurate is Polygraph Test?
- Sach Ka Saamna Questions - Pranshu Vashisht [Episo...
- 100% De Dhana Dhan on Colors TV
- Zahra Rehmani lost in Sach ka Saamna (Episode 27)
- Yeh Chanda Kanoon Hai on SAB TV
- Sonu Sweety on Sab TV
- Thank You Jijaji (Jaspal Bhatti) on SabTV
- Zee Marathi Awards Nominations 2009
- Alisha Khan - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's C...
- Natasha Kedia - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's...
- Vanya Mishra - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's ...
- Urvashi Rautela - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant...
- Sujata Gogoi - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's ...
- Sneha Ghosh - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's C...
- Shreya Ishita - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's...
- Saniah Ansari - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's...
- Roopam Sharma - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's...
- Priyanka .D. Sawant - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pag...
- Priyanka Mehta - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant'...
- Palak Jaiswal - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant'...
- Nishantaini Devi - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pagea...
- Neelam Upadhyaya - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pagea...
- Nazm Saigara - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's ...
- Namrata Pandya - Universal Teen Pageant's Contesta...
- Naina Mansukhani - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pagean...
- Kashmira Shah - Spy in Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao
- Lengshong Huang - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant...
- Koyal Rana - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's Co...
- Juhii Gulrajani - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant...
- Hany Ruprell - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's ...
- Gurshagun Kaur Sachdeva - Ayur Fact Universal Teen...
- Drishti Pathak - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant'...
- Deeksha Joshi - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant's...
- Akanksha Pandey - Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant...
- Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant - Brand Ambassado...
- Ayur Fact Universal Teen Pageant Concept
- Pati, Patni Aur Woh (Baby Borrowers) on NDTV Imagi...
- Jhansi Ki Rani - Ek Veer Stree ki Kahaani @ Zee TV...
- Kashmira Shah in Iss jungle Se Mujhe Bachao
- 4 Day Trip to Kuala Lumpur in Rs 17000
- Girl tried to kiss Irfan Pathan
- Eleven Finalists of India's Got Talent
- Rani and Shahid on India's Got Talent Finale (22 A...
- Aslam Khan and Group won wild card Round on India'...
- Basera on NDTV Imagine from 17th August
- Palkon ki Chaaon Mein on NDTV Imagine from 17th Au...
- MTV STRIPPED - To Strip Celebs on TV
- Google not strong enough for Microsoft
- ▼ 08/16 - 08/23 (71)