Thursday, February 11, 2010
When to take a Antibiotic
One should always take antibiotics after consulting the doctor and the complete dose prescribed must be taken to avoid recurrence of infection. It is often seen that people discontinue using antibiotics the moment they start feeling a little better, and the infection might reoccur.
How much to take an Antibiotic
Proper dosage of antibiotics should be taken, it can be noneffective; if taken less and can have side-effects too; if taken more. If the right antibiotic is not taken, complications could arise. So, one should be extra careful while taking antibiotics and should always let the doctor prescribe the antibiotics. It is commonly seen that people end up using antibiotics without consulting a doctor. This is often seen in cases where a person had a similar infection earlier and had taken the same antibiotics when similar symptoms occur. This should be avoided.
Benefits and side-effects of Antibiotics
In most of the infections, one should use antibiotics for 5-7 days except for some bacterial infections which require medication for 2-3 weeks. Antibiotics are generally safe and should always be taken after consulting the doctor.
The side-effects can vary from mild to life-threatening ,depending upon the antibiotics. There could be frequent loose motions, vomiting, skin allergies, effect on liver, kidney, gastric irritation, gastric bleeding and so on. Antibiotics hinder the effectiveness of other medications and might cause allergic reactions. This could lead to serious bacterial imbalance in human body and might cause other diseases. Unnecessary intake of antibiotics can cause antibiotic resistance in human body and takes longer for a body to heal from bacterial infections and diseases. In women, antibiotics may reduce the efficiency of birth control pills.
People often take similar antibiotics which they had taken earlier thinking it can treat the infection again. This should be strictly avoided.
- ► 2014 (1016)
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (201)
- ► 2011 (1746)
02/07 - 02/14
- 12 Feb Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jaayega - Dimpy Ganguly ...
- Dimpy Ganguly - Neel (Neil) Shah (ex-boyfriend) - ...
- 11 Feb Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jaayega - Ashutosh Kaush...
- Antibiotics: side-effects and benefits
- 10 Feb Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jaayega - Saloni, Dhairy...
- 9 Feb Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jaayega - Trust, date and...
- Aman ki Asha
- Swati Augustin - Ideal Match for Rahul Mahajan
- Sonia Kour eliminated from Rahul's Swayamvar on 8t...
- 8 Feb Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jaayega - Games and home ...
- Paypal stopped allowing personal payments to be se...
- MY NAME IS POPCORN
- Characters on Behenein on Star Plus
- Masala Mix of Politics, bollywood etc.
- 6 Feb Rahul Dulhaniya Le Jaayega - Cats on Catwalk...
- ▼ 02/07 - 02/14 (15)
- ► 2009 (1025)