As summer is already here, it's time to flaunt your beautiful arms and legs in sleeveless and short dresses. But all your pretty dresses and shorts are a waste if you don't have clean and well-nourished elbows and knees. Here're some home remedies to get rid of those ugly, dark elbows and knees.
- A daily scrub for 2-3 minutes can help remove all the external dirt and also increase blood circula- tion in these often neglect- ed parts of your body.
- Moisturise your elbows and knees as regularly as you moisturise your lips.
- It takes about 15-20 minutes for any sunscreen to give out complete pro- tection, so apply it on your knees and elbows at least 20 minutes before stepping out in the sun.
- Use pigment lightener Take a vitamin A-rich diet, as it aids in protect- ing skin from the sun's harmful UV rays. It is found in abundance in beetroot, carrots and watermelons.
- Rub some lime juice on your elbows and knees and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Soak a towel in hot water and scrub firmly.
- Mix 1 tsp coconut oil with ½ a tsp of lime juice. Apply on your elbows and knees and wipe it away with a hot towel.
- Apply a mixture of 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp sugar to your elbows, and allow it to dry. Rub it clean with a towel. It acts as an exfoliator.
- Take 2 tsp of yogurt and add some almond powder to it. Apply on the affected areas. Once the mixture dries, rub it clean.