Home remedies for dark elbows and knees
As summer is already here, it's time to flaunt your beautiful arms and legs in sleeveless and short dresses. But all your pretty dresses and shorts are a waste if you don't have clean and well-nourished elbows and knees. Here're some home remedies to get rid of those ugly, dark elbows and knees.
- A daily scrub for 2-3 minutes can help remove all the external dirt and also increase blood circula- tion in these often neglect- ed parts of your body.
- Moisturise your elbows and knees as regularly as you moisturise your lips.
- It takes about 15-20 minutes for any sunscreen to give out complete pro- tection, so apply it on your knees and elbows at least 20 minutes before stepping out in the sun.
- Use pigment lightener Take a vitamin A-rich diet, as it aids in protect- ing skin from the sun's harmful UV rays. It is found in abundance in beetroot, carrots and watermelons.
- Rub some lime juice on your elbows and knees and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Soak a towel in hot water and scrub firmly.
- Mix 1 tsp coconut oil with ½ a tsp of lime juice. Apply on your elbows and knees and wipe it away with a hot towel.
- Apply a mixture of 2 tsp olive oil and 1 tsp sugar to your elbows, and allow it to dry. Rub it clean with a towel. It acts as an exfoliator.
- Take 2 tsp of yogurt and add some almond powder to it. Apply on the affected areas. Once the mixture dries, rub it clean.